Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"Some say it has come a bit late, but I have never worked for awards"

Makes me wanna say "Humbug!!!"

Such statements can be heard every time the nation goes about recognizing the efforts of its citizens...some bluntly say that the recognition is late, some are more tacky and say that while my family/friends/neighbours/chowkidar/paan waala think that its late, I think its an honour...then there are those who say I refuse to take the award as the government has failed to provide me tickets at concession to travel abroad or on account of some more serious principle.

Just accept the award with humility as some of the others do even if you don't value it...or if you genuinely don't want to be associated with the government then do so quietly...just stop blowing your own trumpet for once...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It annoys me no end as well!!