Sunday, January 08, 2006

Comfortably Numb

This is one of the best Pink Floyd songs and I really enjoy listening to it - more so when I am myself feeling a bit numb by life's tricks.

These days I feel that my life is leading me rather that me leading my life...don't like this lack of control!!!

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become Comfortably Numb
PS:My apologies to those coming here in search of the lyrics. They can be found here

1 comment:

Wanderlust said...

yeh!beautiful song...and yes i too hate life having control over me...it seems its happening now too often... :-(