Sunday, November 27, 2005

Overheard at McDonald's

Back in Delhi...after another round of "You can go / You can't go / I have to go" between my PM and me....

So day 1...and it was a long long day...so many things to do...so little time...so many places to go to...and if that was not enough...I had to finally appear for my trial...

4:15 PM, McDonald's at Priya...I m munching on my burger, sipping coke...wondering what's in store...suddenly a loud "Hey!" over my left ear brings me out of my slumber...

Its a girl...lets call her Lady A...calling out to the girl(Lady B) sitting at the table to my left...

Lady A: "Wow, its been more than a year!!"
Lady B: "I know!"

They exchange pecks...

Lady A : "You have put on so much weight!!"
Lady B (with mock tears) : "I know!"

Lady B: "Hey when did you get a mole on your face???"
Lady A: "I have just become more beautiful..."

(A hearty laugh follows)

Lady B: "Yeah, you look great...even though your cheeks have sunk in...you look hot"
Lady A: "Yeah I have lost weight...and I am very conservatively dressed ok!"
Lady B (with mock tears) : "I think I ll have to join a gym!
Lady A (interrupts): "...what?(a horrified shriek) You still using the same cell? Change it yaar...get something more chick!"
Lady B: "Arrey this is only temporary...I have a 76 something at home...and I plan to change that as well...so are you still dating the same guy?"
Lady A: "Are you crazy? He was history a long time back...have gone out with 3 other guys since...you?"
Lady B: "Same here..."

Its 4:25, my phone rings...and Neha is coming over...its time for me to get going...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounding funnier now.. more than it did yesterday :)
Overhearing is not a good habit..lol

Anonymous said...

Typical girl dumb talk :)
Staying anonymous to avoid any death threats :)

sinusoidally said...

Can it get any more fake? The conversation I mean.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sid!! Tht was so typically female!! Dont miss me too much...will be back soon :)

Shehzaad Shams said...

It must be fun to spy on a conversation like that Sid..and then realise how meaningless and useless but happy those people (who were chatting) can be sometimes..makes me wonder!