Monday, March 13, 2006

Quiescence

What a Sunday!!

The only major sporting action I was missing was some Champions League (but they never happen on weekends anyway)matches!!

A fantastic opening to the new F1 season...glad to see Ferrari back...looking like a 4 (and a bit, if Toyota improves) way battle between Ferrari, Renault, Honda and McLaren....delicious!!

A good performance by India at Mohali! And what a crazy game at Johannesburg!! How in the world did a team fail to defend 434???

A sad performance by the Australian bowlers had my room mates jumping with joy! It seems a universal thing - this dislike for the Australian side!

"They play rough!!"
"They sledge!!"
....
....
"They win all the time!!" (That's what they are supposed to do, isn't it?!!!)

Well anyways they remain my favourite team after India of course...

Moving on to the blog title...probably the longest break between posts...wrote a few but never posted...a lot has happened...some really good moments, some ordinary moments...a bit of deja-vu actually...Some emotional upheaval as well...but all that is in the past now...I am settled again!

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
It's driven me before, and it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal.
But lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel

[Incubus - "Drive"]

2 comments:

Neha said...

exciting sunday eh? :)
well it is true isn't it? the aussies are just not nice! they're good.. but everyone alwyas likes the underdogs.. n hey it's good to see someone else win at times too!of course the aussies play well.. n thts y they win.. noone doubts tht!

You really MUST be behind the wheel ! :)

NoviceProgrammer said...

@ Neha : They play like a team and don't crib all that much...they are on decline though...
What? You want me to become a driver? LOL

@ Sines : Look who is here...and congrats once again!