Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The "God" of Cricket is Back!

I have been waiting for 6 months and 8 days but now the wait is over.
I could feel a rush of childish excitement come over me...as I opened CricBuzz and waited for the Indian innings to begin...
So many questions were swirling in my head...will he be able to play like he used to? will he be comfortable?...will he be able to hit with power? Will he hit any cover drives? Heck, I wanted to know if he will be able to continue for 2-3 more years atleast!!!!
And I got all my answers...as i read about the way he was batting....i wanted to rush home and see for myself...but i had to wait ofcourse...but there would be the highlights later...

And he played like only he can...true Irfan was scoring runs faster than him...but somehow it was not even half as enjoyable as Sachin's strokeplay...
Having gone under the surgeon's knife and suffering a rehabilitation period where he could not even pick up a cricket bat, I guess he must have been as eager to get back into action as his millions of fans...And now he is back not ready to fade away just yet! I am just sure of it!

Nice song playing here
"I don't know what it is, that makes me feel like this"
"I dont know who you are, but you must be some kind of superstar"
"Coz you got eyes on you no matter where you are!"
Lets not look into the original song too closely..lol...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope he continues to play for a long time.. ur so happy when he's arnd :)