Friday, August 12, 2005

Opportunities as Reward

"...An eager group of about 300 employees sit doe-eyed in anticipation of the arrival of probably the single biggest reason they are part of this company !!!"

He came, he spoke, he answered questions and he got a standing ovation...That's our Mentor - in - Chief for you...
The atmosphere was amazing...I could hear comments like "Man, I am gonna finally meet him!!" "What an honour!!" and so on right across the hall...

Questions were asked freely...answers were given...sometimes freely sometimes tongue in cheek...and when the small big man rose to speak...everyone listened.
A very interesting little speech it was too. The thing that caught my fancy the most was when he talked of looking at success differently - asking the gathering to not feel satisfied with it...or measure it in terms of material benefits. Instead he proposed that success be measured in terms of the new opportunities created - opportunities that allow you to excel further and reach new levels of excellence....
I found this quite thought provoking...because I have often dwelled on what will constitute success to me...and I have my own theories on it...
To hear something new on this from someone who can be called successful(by most accounts anyway) was quite interesting....

No comments: