Wednesday, August 10, 2005

First Impressions

Actually the title is a misnomer since I haven't seen enough to make my first impressions...the city bus stop is in the older section of the city and on the way to our hotel I found a distinct islamic feel to the city...all around are mosques and shops with names like 'Mumtaz' Furnitures and even a 'Karachi' Meat house...

This is something new for me, the hustle and bustle is all there but Hyderabad is not like other cities...reminds me more of Lucknow...
Now the DC is abt 30 kms from the hotel...thats a nightmarish thought for some one from B'lore but thankfully Hyderabad has roads (in the real sense of the word).
The city is not particularly clean, unfortunately....and the route to the office was surrounded by small settlements...quietly divided on religious lines... :(

But the city is inviting nevertheless..and i do plan to explore it with greater zeal than i ever felt for B'lore...

The food for a veggie, as expected, is just abt ok...the people are nice and friendly and so far everyone I have met speaks hindi...some with the more distinct hyderabadi flavour...

"Amaaa, kya bolte tum sir..."

No comments: