Monday, May 08, 2006

PrattleCast

Caught a bit of Titanic last night, around the time when Jack(Leonardo diCaprio) wins the tickets to America in a game of poker with Sven.

As I was watching it a thought came into my head - what did Sven feel/think when he heard that Titanic had gone down? Was he glad that he didn't board the ship? That he lost that poker game? Did he feel sorry for Jack? And what would Jack do if he could turn back time? Would he change anything? (I think he says near the end that winning the ticket was the best thing that happened to him). What is the point you say?

Isn't it amazing how two people can see the same event in such different light? Isn't it amazing that sometimes a few special moments is all it takes to make it all seem worth it while sometimes an entire lifetime is not good enough?

Hmm, I am just out of touch with reality I guess...I should write something on Democracy instead...:)

3 comments:

Vini said...

no u-turns in life :)
Do read 'One' by Richard Bach if you get a chance, written beautifully about something similar..

NoviceProgrammer said...

Wasn't talking abt taking U turns. The thing that struck me most was how differently two people can see the same thing.


Richard Bach of the "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" fame...hmm I think I can do without the over the top imagery...

M (tread softly upon) said...

exactly. i did a post on similar lines a while back. Its all a matter of perspective.