Saturday, September 17, 2005

Anthem's Importance....

Was going through a news site, and this little bit of news caught my eye...and made me chuckle...:)

"...61 percent of U.S. adults don't know the first eight lines of America's national anthem."

To change all this a National Anthem Project is on to celebrate the 191st anniversary of the song. Under this schools across the nation will be getting together to perform the anthem on television.

"...Olivia Beaver, a Westergard Elementary School fifth-grader, advises that segment of the population to listen closer when they hear the song on television, or she'll work with them until they learn it."

"They would then understand what it means," said Olivia, 10. "It's a song that helps us remember the people who served our country."

I am glad that we used to sing the anthem in school...everyday...infact I used to look forward to it( I could sing then...:)) as it marked the end of the drowsy ritual...(I mean the school assembly)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Online activism? Root out those spewing intolerance
There are some things, many actually, that are more important than freedom of speech.
While surfing the blogs I came across yours. Nice job. I'm working with a site that's related to top 10 affiliate program and blogs. Drop by if you're interested in top 10 affiliate program